Subject: Re: Build problem on i386
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 07/07/1999 10:21:29
On Wed, Jul 07, 1999 at 02:26:57PM +0200, Thilo Manske wrote:

> I ran into the same problem.
> The solution (for me) was to delete everything generated in
> lib/libarch/i386 (make clean[dir] will not do that):
> cd [...]lib/libarch/i386;rm *.o *.po *.so* *.ln *.cat* *.a
>
> Then make will rebuild them in lib/libarch and everything will be fine!

I think I tried this, but I'm not sure. In any event, I nuked all of libarch
and resupped, and it worked fine thereafter...

This isn't just an ELF thing, incidentally. I had the same problem before I
moved to ELF, but I stepped around it then by making a symlink to libi386_pic.a
in the directory just above i386. This of course didn't work when I converted
and needed that to be an ELF library. :)

--
    Mason Loring Bliss  mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us  They also surf who
awake ? sleep : dream;  http://acheron.ne.mediaone.net  only stand on waves.