Subject: Network install troubles
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Hal Murray <murray@pa.dec.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/03/1999 17:33:09
I'm trying to re-install NetBSD on a PC, actually several machines
with similar configurations.  I'm not a wizard, but I've done this
several times on these machines so I wasn't expecting any troubles.

I can't get through the network setup stage.  The pings don't work.

I think the problem is that I (now) have too many network interfaces
on these boxes.  I see an occasional message telling me to make NMBCLUSTERS
bigger.  These machines have 4 Intel 82558 Ethernet chips.  When
I did the network install successfully they only had 2.

I expect it will work if I yank that card.  (The machines also have
a Tulip I can use.)  But that's a pain.  Is there any obvious workaround?

Is there a simple recpie to make a boot floppy from an existing kernel?
I took a quick look in src/distrib/i386/floppies, but I'm in over
my head.