Subject: Re: Night madness?
To: Edwin Foo <>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/03/1999 13:23:49
On Fri, Jul 02, 1999 at 10:13:33PM -0300, David Maxwell wrote:

> On closer inspection, it seems to be a radio station,
> but the voices are too low/rough to identify.

Back when my main machine was an Osborne 1 Portable running CP/M, I once was
listening to my favourite radio station at the time late into the night. The
radio station went off the air, finally, leaving nothing but static. After a
while, I noticed that the static wasn't as random as I'd have expected. The
static had sounds that varied based on what I was running - running different
things produced different (and reproducable) noises.

    Mason Loring Bliss  They also surf who
awake ? sleep : dream;  only stand on waves.