Subject: Re: Night madness?
To: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 07/02/1999 16:42:56
On Fri, Jul 02, 1999 at 04:56:44AM -0400, Mason Loring Bliss wrote:
> My computer, twice now, has started playing some sort of tune. Spontaneously.
> Seemingly out of the machine's internal speaker. (i386)
>
> The first time, it seemed to be playing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star." And
> just now, it started playing something more complex. (It would be catchy,
> even, if it wasn't bugging me out so much.)

I have 2 machines which makes noise in the speacker when I use the floppy
drive. Both machines have p5a motherboard and this happen only for some
bios config (unfortunably the one which gives better performances).

Could it be something like this ?
Also there are some hardware monitoring things (temperatues, fan speeds)
which raise alarms by making noise to the speacker.