Subject: Re: make depend error when making kernel with source upto June 30, 1999
To: Chan Yiu Wah <>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/30/1999 14:36:02
On Thu, Jul 01, 1999 at 02:25:16AM +0800, Chan Yiu Wah wrote:

> Can anyone help me to solve the problem as I encountered an error when make
> depend in making a new kernel. The error is
> ../../../../netinet/in.c:76: opt_inet_conf.h: No such file or directory
> mkdep: compile failed.
> *** Error code 1
> Stop.

If you've supped in between builds, it can't hurt to "make cleandir" in the
compile directory for your kernel. Also, running "config" again might not be
a bad idea, but probably the "make cleandir" will do the trick for you.

    Mason Loring Bliss  They also surf who
awake ? sleep : dream;  only stand on waves.