Subject: ISO images for the FTP site?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 06/28/1999 14:37:47
Hi, all.

I think it would be neat to have ISO images for bootable CDs available on
our ftp site. If we can do this, I'll take a stab at putting together the
actual image, bootable on i386 but with binaries for at least a couple
different architectures, depending on what will fit. (i386, mac68k, sparc,
and alpha would seem to be the popular choices.)

It would be cool if this was an "official" part of our releases. Lots of
people want this, and it'll help get NetBSD into wider circulation.

Thoughts?

PS: If it's possible to do bootable CDs for multiple platforms, or for
different individual platforms, I'd think those would be worthwhile as
well. Unfortunately, the only machine I have personally for testing that
can usefully boot from a CD under NetBSD right now is i386, so that's the
only one I can test myself. <shrug>

--
    Mason Loring Bliss  mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us  They also surf who
awake ? sleep : dream;  http://acheron.ne.mediaone.net  only stand on waves.