Subject: Re: setting up ipnat with 2 out-going networks
To: Kazushi (Jam) Marukawa <jam@pobox.com>
From: Ian Dall <ian@beware.dropbear.id.au>
List: current-users
Date: 06/28/1999 22:31:42
Kazushi (Jam) Marukawa <jam@pobox.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to set up the netbsd box with two out-going
> networks?  I made traditional "map" configuration twice for
> them and added routing information depend on real
> destinations, but it didn't help me.  From the netbsd box,
> routing table works fine.  However, from another machines on
> the private network, all packets go to the firstly mapped
> network.
>
> My ipnat.conf is below.  In the manual of ipnat and ipf, I
> cannot find any information related to the routing.  Is it
> possible to use routing table from the ipf?
>
> map ppp0 10.1.1.0/24 -> 0/32 portmap tcp/udp 10000:20000
> map ppp0 10.1.1.0/24 -> 0/32
> map ep0 10.1.1.0/24 -> 0/32 portmap tcp/udp 10000:20000
> map ep0 10.1.1.0/24 -> 0/32

To the best of my knowledge this is a routing problem independent of
ipnat. Packets are routed on the basis of there destination address.
Routing occurs before a map rule is selected (since before routing
the interface is unknown) and the map rule only re-writes the source
address of outgoing packets. What does a "route show" output?

Ian