Subject: /usr/bin/newsyslog: preposterous process number: 0
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/26/1999 01:21:01
Has anyone else been getting mail from cron saying "/usr/bin/newsyslog:
preposterous process number: 0"? All three of my NetBSD-current/i386
machines are doing that... but they're running the same userland
binaries, so I guess that's not surprising :)

My NetBSD-current/alpha machine is fine, as is my NetBSD-1.4/mac68k, so
perhaps I just have a botched compile or something...

I don't know what the problem could be though; /var/run/syslog.pid
exists and looks correct. Running newsyslog manually has worked fine the
few times I tried it.
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 23 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++