Subject: re: better w(1)
To: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 06/22/1999 11:45:50

   Cool.  But there's definitely a reason that these programs (xterm,
   screen, etc.) allow users to not create utmp entries.  If I'm running
   12 xterms, and you type w, you probably don't want to see me 12 times.

that's the *whole point* of this new w(1).  to show the "hidden" entries!

   It seems to me that it would work well to have w(1) default to its
   current behavior, with a command-line option to get the complete list.

i don't care about defaults, etc.  :-)  i just want this available
on all my netbsd boxes, not just the ones i've installed it on :)