Subject: cleanerd build problem...
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 06/17/1999 09:01:53
Presumably this is a known problem with yesterday's sources...?

Most of the lines (not all, e.g. 168) are calls to syslog.

Also, on another note... Is this stuff supposed to be formatted in KNF? I've
decided that KNF is a Really Good Thing, excepting its implied desire for
eight-space tabs. /usr/src/libexec/lfs_cleanerd/cleanerd.c definitely has a
lot of places that don't confirm to KNF. (And on yet another note, it seems
that at least FreeBSD has a 'style' man page that, from what I've heard, seems
to pretty much just be /usr/share/doc/misc/style in man page format. Do we
want that?) Also, there seem to be some random spelling errors in the comments.

On to the error... I'm not sure why this isn't automatically coercing the
long int that's being passed to syslog() to an int, which I assume is the
desired input of the printf-like "%d" directive in the syslog() call. I'd
love for someone to explain in simple terms how prototyping works for fun-
ctions like that, but it's not *really* important for me to know that right
now, I suppose.

Anyway, once I get a clean build, I'm going to try going to ELF again. (My
first attempt's failure was probably because I tried it with a non-building
source tree... Doh.)

I'll send-pr this if desired.

all ===> libexec/lfs_cleanerd
cc -O2  -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Werror   -I/usr/src/libexec/lfs_cleanerd -DDIAGNOSTIC -c cleanerd.c
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
cleanerd.c: In function `cost_benefit':
cleanerd.c:157: warning: int format, long int arg (arg 3)
cleanerd.c: In function `clean_fs':
cleanerd.c:420: warning: int format, long int arg (arg 3)
cleanerd.c:422: warning: int format, long int arg (arg 3)
cleanerd.c:439: warning: int format, long int arg (arg 3)
cleanerd.c:449: warning: int format, long int arg (arg 3)
cleanerd.c:452: warning: int format, long int arg (arg 3)
cleanerd.c:460: warning: int format, long int arg (arg 3)
cleanerd.c:460: warning: int format, long int arg (arg 4)
cleanerd.c:468: warning: int format, long int arg (arg 3)
cleanerd.c:468: warning: int format, long int arg (arg 4)
cleanerd.c:470: warning: int format, long int arg (arg 3)
cleanerd.c:476: warning: int format, long int arg (arg 3)
cleanerd.c:478: warning: int format, long int arg (arg 3)
cleanerd.c:478: warning: int format, long int arg (arg 4)
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.