Subject: Re: Need help with Sparc20 install using the ELF & 1.4 miniroots
To: A.M. Raportirenko <ram@sunct1.jinr.dubna.su>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/15/1999 13:41:41
"A.M. Raportirenko" wrote:

> But I encounterd  enother problem with libposix.so, when compile
> perl5:
> This simple program (try.c from perl5)
> #include <stdio.h>
>
> main()
> {exit(0);}
>
> when compiled as `cc -O2 -o ttr try.c -lm -lposix -lcrypt' give
> Segmentation fault.
> If it is compiled with static version of libposix all ok.

This sounds a little like the problem the pmax port had around 1.3 time.
See rev 1.4 of basesrc/lib/libc/arch/mips/sys/cerror.S.  I don't see how
this could cause a problem with the sparc version of cerror.S, but then
sparc assembly doesn't mean much to me...

Just trying to much the clear picture muddier ;)

Simon.