Subject: Re: SiS X oddity...
To: David Heller <dheller1@rochester.rr.com>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 06/15/1999 03:37:54
On Mon, Jun 14, 1999 at 09:51:59PM -0400, David Heller wrote:
> Mason Loring Bliss wrote:
> > A friend of mine got a new box the other day, and noted that it has on-
> > board SiS graphics. It's an i386 box - AMD K6-2/250, etc. He's got 1.4 on
> > it now, and is willing to run -current if needed. The box has a SiS 5595
> > chipset. XFree docs say nothing about this chipset, but it *almost* works.
[...]
> If that does not help you will probably need to write your own server or use a different server.
E.g. the SuSE XFCom_SiS server (http://www.suse.de/XSuSE/index.html)
Though I don't see support for the SiS5595 it might be worth a try...
(You need Linux emulation for it to run.)

I suppose these servers will be integrated (back) into XFree86 3.3.4
(to be release "some time in June 1999", see
 http://www.xfree86.org/releaseplans.html )
--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.