Subject: Re: how to install StarOffice 5.0.1 under netbsd-current (i386)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mario Kemper <magick@bundy.lip.owl.de>
List: current-users
Date: 06/12/1999 16:47:47
In article <199906121042.SAA11539@b1.hkstar.com>,
	Chan Yiu Wah <c5666305@hkstar.com> writes:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to know how to install the StarOffice 5.01 under NetBSD-current
> (i386).  I encountered an error when I tried to install it. Any idea ?
> The libvos506li.so is in the same directory as the setup.
>
> Clarence
>
> ======= Error =======
>
> Do you want to proceed anyway ? <y/n> y
> ./setup: Window manager didn't set icon sizes - using default.
> /tmp/sv001.tmp/setup.bin: error in loading shared libraries
> libvos506li.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> ======= Error =======

The staroffice-setup unzip the .so files into /tmp. Unfortunately our zips
converts all lower case names into upper case by default. After that it
doesn't find the lib as its name is "LIBVOS506LI.SO".

You can override this by unpacking the libs by hand and setting
"LD_LIBRARY_PATH" to the  path where the libs are.

But as our clone-clone is completetely broken which causes almost all newer
linx binaries fail, you can as well forget about soffice >4.x until someone
(jason?) finds the time to fix it.
--
Mario Kemper
magick@bundy.lip.owl.de