Subject: Some CardBus patches
To: None <>
From: Johan Danielsson <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/10/1999 13:05:02

I've made some changes to the CardBus framework to get it to work with
an Intel EtherExpress card. These can be found at

Patches are relative to 1.4C+CardBus-19990606.

I guess that the most interesting change is support for reading CIS
from something other than configuration space (this is memory mapped
on the Intel card I have). This patch includes some extra debugging
code that I haven't bothered removing. The fxp front-end requires a
split fxp driver (like kern/7701).

I've been running this for some time now, and haven't had any real
problems. Hardware is a IBM TP600E with a TI1251 CB-bridge, and an
Intel `PRO/100 LAN+Modem56 CardBus II'.