Subject: Re: cheap RAID?
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>
List: current-users
Date: 06/09/1999 12:08:25
On Wed, 9 Jun 1999, Jonathan Stone wrote:

# How does cyrus compare?

	Because of the way Cyrus stores the message, it doesn't have to
read ad the whole box into memory.  It has a nice little cache of things
that you might be searching on, basically all the headers, in a structured
file it can use for building message lists, and the message bodies are
stored in individual files.  A folder with a *LOT* of messages on a linked
-list type filesystem might suffer, but UW would've died long before this.

--
SA, beyond.com           My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>