Subject: Re: cheap RAID?
To: Edwin Foo <>
From: Dustin Sallings <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/09/1999 11:52:49
On Wed, 9 Jun 1999, Edwin Foo wrote:

# I've been trying to set up a NetBSD mail/web server for a non-profit I'm
# doing some pro bono work for, and I have run up against a performance
# problem. Basically, the IMAP server seems to take forever for large
# mailboxes. I think it is an I/O problem, so I'm looking for a cheap RAID
# or otherwise fast I/O solution. Cost is of the essence.

	What's a large mailbox?  A large number of messages, or just large
messages?  Have you tried Cyrus?  My recommendation would be to not ever
use an IDE disk anywhere, and try out Cyrus.

SA,           My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <>