Subject: RE: cheap RAID?
To: 'David Maxwell' <>
From: Edwin Foo <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/09/1999 11:33:38
Mailbox sizes are currently hovering between 10 and 30 megabytes per user,
but there are a few especially profligate people with > 50-100 megabyte
mailboxes. IMAP clients are variable - there is a mix of Eudora Pro 4.x,
Netscape Mail, Pine, and even a web-client called IMP.

The clients don't timeout. It's just that listing the contents of large
mailboxes (say, a sent-items mailbox) takes on the order of 2-3 minutes or
more for about 2000 messages. I know that having smaller mailboxes is the
obvious solution, but I don't want to have to start imposing on people's
methods of organizing mail.

Some people are just packrats. =)