Subject: Re: cheap RAID?
To: Edwin Foo <efoo@crl.dec.com>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 06/09/1999 11:16:58
On Wed, Jun 09, 1999 at 09:26:26AM -0400, Edwin Foo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been trying to set up a NetBSD mail/web server for a non-profit I'm
> doing some pro bono work for, and I have run up against a performance
> problem. Basically, the IMAP server seems to take forever for large
> mailboxes. I think it is an I/O problem, so I'm looking for a cheap RAID or
> otherwise fast I/O solution. Cost is of the essence.

Can you be more specific about 'large' mailboxes? What IMAP client are
you using? Does the client timeout, or is the delay just unacceptable for
the user?

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,