Subject: Re: FDDI: PC/BIOS and MTU
To: Hal Murray <murray@pa.dec.com>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 06/02/1999 11:03:48
    Hal> PCI slots are pretty expensive - after you include the connectors
    Hal> and a share of the host bridge.  By the time you get that far, it
    Hal> makes sense to toss in a few more bells and whistles and make the
    Hal> chip smart enough to do DMA.  Or am I missing something?

  Chips exist that do 4 slot PCI, while a lot of system vendors would like to
push one more connector on the board. So, they have been putting a non-bus-master,
no IRQ slot. Perfect for video cards. Now they put AGP slots instead.

] Train travel features AC outlets with no take-off restrictions|  firewalls  [