Subject: Re: SGI will freely license its XFS
To: None <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Johan Ihren <johani@pdc.kth.se>
List: current-users
Date: 05/21/1999 20:12:00

    Bill> Likewise FFS will WRITE slowly to such a file. So it's just
    Bill> a difference in where the penalty is paid. Also, with LFS,
    Bill> if the cleaner runs, you should get back a quickly-read
    Bill> file.

Speaking of SGI releasing source I noticed that they also plan to
release OpenVault, which is an automated tape library management
system. This set me thinking about the discussion of your target
application for the fat-inode FS which is an HSM system.

Is OpenVault of interest to you or do you already have something to
steer tape robots?

Just curious,

Johan Ihr=E9n, <johani@pdc.kth.se>,
phone: +46 (8) 790 6844, Center for Parallel Computers,
Royal Institute of Technology, SE-100 44 Stockholm, Sweden