Subject: Re: restore(8)/tape quirk in 1.4?
To: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
From: Gandhi woulda smacked you <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/20/1999 14:20:50
On Wed, 19 May 1999, Brett Lymn wrote:

# >
# >On another tangent, on a disk-to-disk dump, I get 370KB/sec.  I thought
# >transfer rates were supposed to be in the megabyte range?
# >
#
# Probably because of the synchronous meta-data writes.  Have you tried
# restoring to a file system mounted -async and see what throughput you get?

If you're not mounted async, does this make "update" and "sync" relatively obsolete?

# --
# Brett Lymn, Computer Systems Administrator, British Aerospace Australia

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: Microsoft ask you where you wan to go, NetBSD gets you there.