Subject: cdrom extended names
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/20/1999 14:09:39
I'm trying to read a cdrom meant for a win95 machine under -current.
Everything except the extended filesnames is working.  For example,
the file "LocatorCodes.tab" shows up as "locato~1.tab".  I'm assuming
that the base "8.3" name really has that "twiddle 1" in it and the
extended name is squirreled away elsewhere.

Similarly a mount of the following does let me see the version
numbers, but the filenames are still truncated.

	mount_cd9660 -g -e /dev/cd0a /cdrom

Could this cdrom be a High Sierra cd?  How do I tell?

Is there a way to extract the full filenames from the CD so that I can
copy to disk and run a shell script to move the files to their full
names?

-wolfgang
--
       Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus@dailyplanet.wsrcc.com>