Subject: cdrom extended names
To: None <>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/20/1999 14:09:39
I'm trying to read a cdrom meant for a win95 machine under -current.
Everything except the extended filesnames is working.  For example,
the file "" shows up as "".  I'm assuming
that the base "8.3" name really has that "twiddle 1" in it and the
extended name is squirreled away elsewhere.

Similarly a mount of the following does let me see the version
numbers, but the filenames are still truncated.

	mount_cd9660 -g -e /dev/cd0a /cdrom

Could this cdrom be a High Sierra cd?  How do I tell?

Is there a way to extract the full filenames from the CD so that I can
copy to disk and run a shell script to move the files to their full

       Wolfgang Rupprecht <>
DGPS signals via the Internet