Subject: Re: SGI will freely license its XFS
To: None <>
From: None <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/20/1999 10:30:14

>> Is LFS ready for prime time?  I was under the impression that it still
>> needed some serious work to be ready from prime time (then again that was
>> a bit ago)...

Manuel> It useable now, thanks to the good work of Konrad Schroder. I
Manuel> wouldn't use it for critical data yet, but I use it for my obj dir at
Manuel> home, I didn't have problems with it.

	lfs has still bugs and in many cases is the reason of crashes here,
at my home PC.

Manuel> Don't expect that importing XFS and have it working, free of bugs is
Manuel> a quick and easy task.

	you are absolutely right. porting xfs is not easy but it is much
easier than to start research work and implement fast and reliable journaling
file system from the scratch.