Subject: Re: CD to mpeg3 - Summary
To: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 05/19/1999 20:47:10
According to Simon Burge:

>Thanks to the many people who responded to my question.  The short
>answer was "sox", which I somehow missed the in package collection.

For the brave you can try a thing called tosha to rip tracks from a
CD.  The source claims that it is specifically for FreeBSD but it
compiled and ran fine for me on NetBSD.  There is a source form
encoder called encoder-1.0 for people who are interested - I never
could find the source for bladeenc :-(

After all that I find that my cd-rom (an ancient NEC 2-spin) seems to
put annoying clicks into the sound data :-(