Subject: Re: USB Ethernet interface
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/19/1999 01:09:59
Jason Thorpe wrote:

> While down at Fry's today, I grabbed an ATEN UC-10T USB-Ethernet interface
> (hey, it was cheap and looked cool :-)
>
> ugen0 at uhub0 port 1
> ugen0: ATEN Inc. USB-Ethernet, rev 1.00/0.02, addr 3
>
> I'm trying to get docs out of ATEN, but does anyone know if USB-Ethernet
> is standardized at all?

Yes, it is.  It's in the com class spec (which is the union of umpteen wildly
different
things).  It looks reasonably simple to write a driver for.  BUT, when I last
looked
at Ethernet adapters there were none that followed the standard.  :-(
Good luck in getting the info from ATEN; many of these companies seem
paranoid about telling you anything.
If you do get the specs I'll be happy to help in the driver implementation.

--

        -- Lennart