Subject: Re: LFS Crash Behavior
To: Gary Duzan <gary@wheel.tiac.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/14/1999 06:36:01

:
> Is this the expected behavior? How do I get rid of these phantom files
> without making things worse? The data isn't vital (or I wouldn't have
> it on an LFS) but it could take a bit to restore everything, and I'd
> rather not if I don't have to.

I tried using an LFS directory for /home for about a month on my desktop
system, under -current and then 1.4beta and 1.4. It never failed to wig
out after a while. `fsck -n /home' would give "unreferenced file" errors,
and then lfs_cleanerd would emit errors periodically. The only fix was to
to tar up all the files, newfs_lfs, and then untar them back.