Subject: Re: X on a ThinkPad
To: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>
From: Christophe Kalt <kalt@stealth.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/12/1999 08:39:37
I'm still using 1.3.3, so your mileage may vary.

On May 11, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
| I have it mostly working but I have two problems left.
|
| The X server doesn't use the whole screen.  I am losing about an inch
| all around the active area.  Windows95 was able to use the whole area so
| I know it is possible.

As someone else guessed, it's because you haven't defined
any higher resolution mode; I use:

ModeLine "800x600"     40.09     800  840  864 991   600  601 603  625 +hsync +vsync

| More critical, the mouse doesn't work.  I move the trackpointer (that little
| red nipple in the middle of the keyboard) and the pointer moves erratically.

the following works for me:

Section "Pointer"
    Protocol    "MouseSystems"
    Device      "/dev/mouse"

I remember having the problem you describe when setting it to
use PS/2 protocol.

Cheers,
Christophe