Subject: Re: X vs. wscons
To: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/11/1999 22:22:31
On Tue, 11 May 1999, Paul Goyette wrote:
> The simple solution, of course, is to remove the getty line for ttyE0
> from /etc/ttys.  But it would be really nice if there were some way to
> tell the X server which ttyE[0-7] to use;  I'd really like to have it
> avoid ttyE0 since there might be a console message or two worth looking
> at.  :)

This was a problem even with pcvt... not sure why you just started
seeing it :) It's even in the *BSD FAQ... You can tell the X server
which vt to use; check your /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xservers file. I use
this line:

:0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X vt05

The vt05 tells it to start on virtual terminal 5. However, I don't use
xdm, and haven't tried it with wscons... I'd expect it to work though :)