Subject: Re: union filesystem problems
To: Simon Burge <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/11/1999 11:56:23
On Wed, 12 May 1999, Simon Burge wrote:

: > Now ... yes, I agree that we should have a way of doing an "everything"
: > kernel different from a "support most things" kernel, but we need to
: > STANDARDIZE THE FORMAT of the bloody config files (can someone say pmax?).
: What would you like to see - getting rid of all the includes and just
: list the devices, etc?  Personally, pmaxes aren't that configurable in
: terms of options, so I've never been bothered by the "different" format

I'd like to be able to strip out the options for hardware I don't use -- not
necessarily hardware I don't have.  Memory is at a premium in my pmax, so
every little bit counts.

The split-format used by GENERIC assumes a lot about what hardware I use.

-- Todd Vierling (Personal; Bus.