Subject: Re: Using ppp on demand
To: None <elric@imrryr.org>
From: D'Arcy" "J.M. <darcy@druid.druid.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/08/1999 21:31:55
Thus spake R. C. Dowdeswell
> "D'Arcy" "J.M." Cain wrote:
> >192.68.1.2      An IP at the ISP.  See further discussion below.
>
> You should explicitly mention that you can set up a fake IP for
> this, if you are demand dialing to a dynamic IP site.

Oops.  As the comment above indicates, I was planning on expanding on
this subject.  How does this text (placed following the peers file
example) look?

Note that in many cases you can't depend on the remote IP when you
connect.  Unless you are with an extremely small ISP, chances are they
have more than one terminal server and this number can change.  Don't
worry about this.  The ipcp-accept-remote flag will cause it to accept
the number supplied by your ISP and pppd will change the default route
to match it.  Just pick one of the remote servers.  You can pretty
much pick any IP you want for this file as long as it is nowhere on
your own network.