Subject: Re: -current 1999/05/05 'clean' broken?
To: Brian Gaeke <brg@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/05/1999 04:29:45
Go to src/gnu/usr.bin/grep and do ``rm -r grep egrep fgrep''

Previously, they were being built as three separate programs, hence the
subdirectories; now we just build one program with some hard links at
install time.

(Actually, we are now back to the original way of doing things.
Somewhere along the way someone decided to build 3 separate programs,
and then that change got backed out.)

On Wed, 5 May 1999, Brian Gaeke wrote:

> hello,
>
> i seem unable to 'make clean' using -current sources supped a few hours
> ago:
>
> clean ===> gnu/usr.bin/grep
> rm -f a.out [Ee]rrs mklog core *.core  grep bindtextdom.o dcgettext.o
> dgettext.o gettext.o finddomain.o loadmsgcat.o localealias.o textdomain.o
> l10nflist.o explodename.o intl-compat.o grep.o dfa.o kwset.o obstack.o
> savedir.o getopt.o getopt1.o search.o stpcpy.o regex.o  bindtextdom.ln
> dcgettext.ln dgettext.ln gettext.ln finddomain.ln loadmsgcat.ln localealias.ln
> textdomain.ln l10nflist.ln explodename.ln intl-compat.ln grep.ln dfa.ln
> kwset.ln obstack.ln savedir.ln getopt.ln getopt1.ln search.ln stpcpy.ln
> regex.ln
> rm: grep: is a directory
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
>
> is my installation on crack or am I?
> please reply directly to me, or at least cc me if you reply.
> thanks for any advice.
>
> -Brian
>
> --
> Brian R. Gaeke, UC Berkeley -- brg@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
> "the iguana / in the petshop window on St Catherine Street / crested,
>  royal-eyed, ruling / its kingdom of water-dish and sawdust / dreams of
>  sawdust" - Margaret Atwood, "Dreams of the Animals"

| Paul Goyette      | PGP DSS Key fingerprint:   | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Engineer  |   BCD7 5301 9513 58A6 0DBC |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| and kernel hacker |   91EB ADB1 A280 3B79 9221 |  pgoyette@juniper.net |