Subject: Re: 1.4_ALPHA i386, scsi cd-rom not working
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
From: Tracy J. Di Marco White <gendalia@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 05/02/1999 22:29:45
}> cd1 at scsibus0 targ 5 lun 0: <SONY, CD-ROM CDU-55S, 1.0t> SCSI2 5/cdrom removable
}> scsibus0 at aic0: 8 targets, 8 luns per target
}> aic0 at isa0 port 0x340-0x35f irq 11

}Well, that CD-ROM drive looks familiar!

}ahc1: aic7880 Wide Channel, SCSI Id=7, 16 SCBs
}scsibus0 at ahc1 channel 0: 16 targets, 8 luns per target
}ahc1: target 6 synchronous at 4.0MHz, offset = 0xf
}cd0 at scsibus0 targ 6 lun 0: <SONY, CD-ROM CDU-55S, 1.0t> SCSI2 5/cdrom removable

}This machine ran fine with the first ALPHA snapshot that came out,
}and certainly hasn't wedged with a recent BETA, though I've not
}actually touched the CD-ROM drive on it since it was upgraded. (It
}is getting through nightly maintenance just fine.)

}So it looks as if it may be related to that controller as well.

This one would be user error, after all.  I took apart the system
to try another scsi device, and discovered the card wasn't on
the IRQ I'd told NetBSD it was.  Amazing it had worked as long as
it had.

Tracy J. Di Marco White
Project Vincent Systems Manager
gendalia@iastate.edu