Subject: Re: CVSup collectings for a NetBSD CVS tree
To: None <woods@most.weird.com>
From: Charles M. Hannum <root@ihack.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/01/1999 03:07:50
I don't understand why you folks are arguing about this with such
fervor!

I propose the following:

* Greg has already said he's going to set up a CVSup server.  So, let
  him do it.

* If Greg makes a commitment* to maintain it as a reliable and secure
  service, and, in my estimation, the community finds it useful after
  a period of 3 months, and barring extenuating circumstances, we will
  point cvsup.netbsd.org (and cvsup.us.netbsd.org) at his colocated
  machine.

This puts the onus probandi on Greg, without sapping the already quite
strained resources of the project and the Foundation to set up an
experimental service and/or port Modula-3.

(I would not normally propose that someone use their own hardware for
this, but in this case Greg has already stated quite vehemently that
he will do so anyway.)

* Obviously there are more details that need to be nailed down, but
  this can be discussed in another forum.