Subject: Re: CVSup collections for a NetBSD CVS tree
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Aidan Cully <aidan@kublai.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/01/1999 00:18:38
On Fri, Apr 30, 1999 at 11:23:04PM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> [ On Friday, April 30, 1999 at 18:09:52 (-0700), Gandhi woulda smacked you wrote: ]
> > Subject: Re: CVSup collections for a NetBSD CVS tree
> >
> > You want NetBSD Core to dedicate resources to it and make it public
> > at your behest, but you're not willing to share your own resources
> > to achieve your own ends.
>
> No, not exactly.  I just want all the nay-sayers who haven't already
> used CVSup and who really don't really know what they're talking about
> to shut up.

FWIW, I've used CVSup on FreeBSD, and I don't think there should be a
cvsup.netbsd.org.  For NetBSD to provide a machine in the netbsd.org
domain would make it look like we were advocating CVSup as a
distribution mechanism for anyone that wants to run NetBSD, which is
the wrong message to send when it doesn't run on all of our platforms.

However, I don't think there'd be any significant objection to linking
a third-party CVSup server from some 'NetBSD resources' page, or
similar..

--aidan
--
"Hey Killjoy!  How's your niece who's marrying a doctor?"
"It's time to admit that man's capacity for genocide is not aberrational,