Subject: Re: CVSup collections for a NetBSD CVS tree
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/30/1999 11:33:26
[ On Thursday, April 29, 1999 at 19:22:28 (-0700), Brian D Chase wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: CVSup collections for a NetBSD CVS tree
>
> Your points are all well taken.  Still, I don't think I see anyone here
> biased against CVSup in concept or its abilities.  I think everyone here
> sees it as a good thing, which is precisely why people are frustrated.
> CVSup would be a better thing if we could ALL share in the fun. You're
> right in pointing out that this certainly doesn't preclude its use on the
> platforms upon which it is supported.

Well then the sooner the CVS repository is made available, and the
sooner a test CVSup server is configured to offer up the repository then
the sooner people will find out just how effective it is to use and the
sooner those without it will get envious enough to take the time and
effort needed to port it to their platform(s).  It's simply a matter of
economics -- supply and demand.  Similarly the reluctance to even line
up on the starting line is equallly common in the real world when
dealing with new concepts and change.

In the mean time, until the CVS repository is publicly available for
copying, there's ample time to discuss this idea to death over and over
and over again!  ;-)

>  "Damnit. If those quiche-eating bozos had only written this in C, then
>   all of our systems would've benefited from the glorious creature that
>   is CVSup."

Unless the language choice is truly Neanderthal *I* never make such
proclimations, now do I!  ;-)

--
							Greg A. Woods