Subject: Re: CVSup collections for a NetBSD CVS tree
To: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/29/1999 15:26:28
On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, David Maxwell wrote:
> Couldn't resist...
>
>    if ( `n' * `The effort to port Modula-3 to a new architecture'
>         > `The effort to port CVSup to C one time'  && 'The effort
> 	to port CVSUP to C one time' > 'The effort to write an M3->
> 	Converter' ) {
> 	Do the M3 -> C converter.   (See a2c, f2c, p2c.) }
>    else
>    if ( `n' * `The effort to port Modula-3 to a new architecture'
>         > `The effort to port CVSup to C one time' ) {
>        Do the port to C.
>    }
>    else {
>        Port Modula-3 to `n' platforms.
>    }

Hey, I'm all for a Modula-3 to C converter. :-)  I'd actually consider
that the optimal solution.  You'd not only make CVSup available to all
NetBSD architectures, but you'd also open the vast world of Modula-3
software to running on all sorts of platforms.  You're also saving by not
having the overhead of maintaining two implementations of CVSup.

-brian.
---