Subject: Re: CVSup collections for a NetBSD CVS tree
To: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/29/1999 12:10:58
On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Greg A. Woods wrote:
>That's the biggest load of "bull stuff" there is!  Not all NetBSD ports
>are treated as equal.  I challenge anyone claiming this to obtain at
>least one, and possibly two, machines in every supported architecture
>and to use all of those machines on a daily basis and to dilligently
>upgrade each machine to the latest NetBSD software every time.  You'll
>find so many differences, discrepancies, etc., that you'll probably
>start pulling your hair out long before you've done one iteration of
>upgrades.
>
>This is *not* a bad thing.  This just comes with the territory.

  I agreed with just about everything in your rather long message except for
this.  I do exactly that, on sparc, pmax, vax, and alpha...and everything
works Just Fine.  And I'm an impatient guy that doesn't have a lot of free time.

  I had to throw this in just in case your statement of pulling hair out
might have dissuaded anyone from trying it.

  Not trying to flame; just voicing an opinion on one set of experiences...

                    -Dave McGuire