Subject: Re: My Mirror Is Slower Than Yours
To: None <>
From: Brian D Chase <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/27/1999 13:45:41
On Tue, 27 Apr 1999 wrote:
> In message <>, Ignatios Souvatzis writes:

> >Real men run on an Amiga 3000 without accellerator board.
> >(68030 @ 25 MHz, 256 bytes I-cache and 256 bytes write-through D-cache;
> > 16 MB of memory; slow narrow SCSI)
> >[Don't take this remark to serously... but the machine is authentic]
> I'd just like to point out that that, precisely, was the first machine I
> ran NetBSD on, and that my old ISP was, in fact, on that configuration
> (only with 8MB of memory for a year or so) exactly - plus an A2232 7-port
> serial card - for a couple of years, and it worked great.

Bah! *LUXORY* I tell you.  You should be so lucky to have such a fast
processor available to you.  See which runs on a
MicroVAX II (a sub-MIP machine).  Or when we get NetBSD/vax to support the
MicroVAX I... then we'll show you the meaning of a resource challenged
platform!  It can have up to 4Megs of RAM and the CPU (implemented as two
separate quad sized Q-bus boards) zips along at a blindingly fast 300,000
instructions per second.

Brian "JARAI" Chase | | VAXZilla LIVES!!!