Subject: Re: [1.4beta/i386 boot floppy] ftp url parsing
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/27/1999 09:35:31
On Tue, 27 Apr 1999 itojun@iijlab.net wrote:

: >: I didn't see the original message, so I am not sure exactly what problem
: >: you encountered, but from the part that Perry quoted I believe that just
: >: sending "CWD /" would be wrong.
: >However, it's what all other Web-based FTP clients (see Lynx, Nutscrape) do,
: >so we should match.  Otherwise the URL ftp://host/path is NOT processed
: >correctly, as we are *incorrectly* assuming that an FTP connection starts
: >with cwd at /.
:
: 	Sorry, I made a mistake.  Let me rephrase the problem.
: 	The problem is not in ftp but in sysinst (I should check the source
: 	code but not possible right now).

: 		ftp://itojun:secret@myhost.itojun.org/export4/home
: 	But, it should be translated as
: 		ftp://itojun:secret@myhost.itojun.org/%2fexport4/home

Actually, the bug is in ftp:  the top URL is correct; ftp is not fetching it
properly.  (I have run into this problem outside of sysinst.)