Subject: Re: [1.4beta/i386 boot floppy] ftp url parsing
To: Alan Barrett <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/27/1999 09:15:18
On Tue, 27 Apr 1999, Alan Barrett wrote:

: > > 	I would like to know the reason for this behavior.  The behavior
: > > 	can easily be fixed to conform to RFC, by sending "CWD /" just after
: > > 	the ftp login (just give me a pointer...).
: I didn't see the original message, so I am not sure exactly what problem
: you encountered, but from the part that Perry quoted I believe that just
: sending "CWD /" would be wrong.

However, it's what all other Web-based FTP clients (see Lynx, Nutscrape) do,
so we should match.  Otherwise the URL ftp://host/path is NOT processed
correctly, as we are *incorrectly* assuming that an FTP connection starts
with cwd at /.

-- Todd Vierling (Personal; Bus.