Subject: Re: CVSup collections for a NetBSD CVS tree
To: Justin T. Gibbs <>
From: dustin sallings <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/26/1999 17:42:32
On Mon, 26 Apr 1999, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:

// And yet is available for alpha and i386, likely the two machine
// types used for most of NetBSD's CVS mirrors.  It seems silly to
// prevent your mirrors or user community from using this facility (in
// addition to anon-cvs) just because of a personal distaste for
// Modula-3.

	I've got a FreeBSD machine at work that sits under my desk.  I
asked it to install cvsup out of ports and it installed all of X as a dep.
Spent forever installing stuff just so I could upgrade.  What's the
advantage of cvsup over sup or rsync?

	(BTW, I'm not very happy with FreeBSD, someone please make me an

Principal Member Technical Staff,    The world is watching America,
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <>