Subject: Re: CVSup collections for a NetBSD CVS tree
To: Wolfram Schneider <wosch@panke.de.freebsd.org>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/26/1999 18:30:23
Wolfram Schneider writes:
> On 1999-04-26 17:36:50 -0400, Andrew Gillham wrote:
> > >
> > > cvsup is a magnitude faster than cvs. You can mirror a
> > > NetBSD CVS tree (~400MB, 37500 files) in 100 seconds
> > > over a 28.8 modem.
> >
> > Wow!  It can compress ~400MB into 288,000bytes???  Why don't we
> > have this compression technology in the kernel???  My 128MB machine
> > would have the equivalent of something like 186GB of RAM!!
> > Amazing!!  I'm all over this.
>
> I wrote *to mirror* a NetBSD CVS tree, not *download*.

Chuckle, and I wrote "for the humor impaired."  I got it.  I just
thought it funny, because it sure sounded like you "mirrored" ~400MB
in 100 seconds.  Not "checked the status of", or something.  For
me, when I "mirror" something it is making a copy, versus synchronizing
a mirror, etc.  It doesn't matter, I am a smartass by nature.

And back to our regularly scheduled FLAMEWAR OF THE WEEK!!!

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.