Subject: Re: sup.de.netbsd.org
To: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/24/1999 07:14:30
On Sat, 24 Apr 1999, Thilo Manske wrote:

> There are quite a few other annoying oddities I experienced with this server
> (compared to sup.netbsd.og wich I have to use sometimes).
> * ../sys/Makefile gets deleted from time to time (AFAIK some other supservers
>   have the same problem)
> * some "special" dirs (their dates) are updated with *every* sup without any
>   reason, eg. something in xsrc/.../xservers and sys/arch/i386/... - don't
>   remember ATM. They're always the same. It's really weird...

The main server does this, too.

> * you have to sup nearly *every* README.html with every sup of pkgsrc
>   and of course every dir get's updated everytime. IIRC it was you who have
>   posted this before.

The main server doesn't have the README.html's at all. Actually, I
wouldn't mind if they did. Last time I tried, it took nearly 30 hours
to rebuild them on my Quadra 840AV.

> * at least once the server deleted (well, killed) large parts of my sources
>   without any reason, wich I had to resup with "-o" from sup.netbsd.org

That would suck... Actually, I can't recall ever having to do that
because of the main sup server: hardware failures, yes, but because of
the server, no.