Subject: Re: building xsrc
To: None <, nathanw@MIT.EDU>
From: Ross Harvey <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/23/1999 12:21:55
> From: nathanw@MIT.EDU (Nathan J. Williams)
> > From:
> > 1) is there some particular configuration needed to make X
> > work on an alpha multia?

What release/version of source/kernel do you have? In this case
it matters...

You need to
> 	The X server's diagnostic messages are not the most helpful in
> the world. Make sure that your kernel detected wsmouse0 and wskbd0,
> and that the X server can access them. On my system I also need to
> wsconscfg a screen or two, since I'm running with a serial console.
> >
> > 2) is there a set of recommended commands for building xsrc?
> 	I think the traditional X way is "make World".
> 	- Nathan

Yah, I fixed the diagnostic messages last week but didn't commit the
mods until today. Also, ttyEcfg wasn't being created, you can do that
	mknod /dev/ttyEcfg c 25 255

There is a top level Makefile for xsrc that has a `make build' command.

Although, I have to say, there isn't much reason to be building xsrc
right now. Binaries that work on the Multia are in the 1.4_ALPHA test
release, and these will run on kernels from any recent netbsd-current
or release branch compile.