Subject: Re: spring clean
To: Jason Thorpe <>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/20/1999 16:16:06
On Tue, Apr 20, 1999 at 12:00:06PM -0700, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Apr 1999 22:23:40 +1000 matthew green <> wrote:
>  >    PMAP_NEW=1
>  >
>  > this is no longer an option (on i386); delete it.
> Actually, you must still have this one.  You _can_ run the old pmap in
> UVM.

Hm. I wonder how many people, like me, have been building without this.

Another question: Why is there not a mk.conf with this installed by default
with 1.4_ALPHA? On checking, the new box I built at work doesn't have its
own mk.conf, and hence no PMAP_NEW.

Mason Loring Bliss             ((  "In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams  ))  build  their nest  with fragments  dropped ((   from day's caravan." - Rabindranath Tagore