Subject: Re: NetBSD: Certified mom-ready.
To: Ted Lemon <>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/20/1999 10:27:53
Ted Lemon <> writes:
> Mixed messages are unavoidable - unless we are all perfect, we will
> inevitably have different takes on how to do things.

Unfortunately, I think it's a fact of life that many "real life"
organizations are not capable of dealing particularly well with mixed

If you're an organization trying to do something with/for the project,
and you get two widely divergent answers from two alleged
representatives of the project, then what do you do?  Pick one?  (not
necessarily 'safe' -- what if you base something important on the
wrong answer?)  Spend the time to figure out which is right?  (that's
the right answer, but it has an up-front cost.)  Punt?

Chris Demetriou - -