Subject: Re: your mail
To: Paul Newhouse <>
From: Chris Jones <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/20/1999 11:14:32
>>>>> "Paul" == Paul Newhouse <> writes:

Paul> AHHH!! The challenge.  *8^) YOU CAN'T HANDLE NETBSD!!!!  Hmmm,
Paul> somehow I don't think that would be a good slogan *8^)

Paul> On Tue, 20 Apr 1999 06:12:08 Herb Peyerl wrote:

>> I like it but it's been there ~forever.  Also, someone recently
>> took offense to it and let us know through site-comments... I guess
>> you can't offend all of the people some of the time.

Paul> Who took offense and on what grounds???  As a salty old jarhead
Paul> I thought it was very apropos.  Perseverance against
Paul> overwhelming odds.  Dedication to purpose. Hmmm, to esoteric I
Paul> guess?

As it turns out, some of our users are not Amerkuns.  Certain folks
don't see the reference to Iwo Jima in quite the same light.

Chris Jones
           Mad scientist at large