Subject: LFS problems in 1.4_ALPHA
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
List: current-users
Date: 04/20/1999 10:05:47
Wanting to stress-test the improved LFS code, I made a 19G LFS partition
about a week ago.  Last night, after rebooting my machine with a kernel
built from yesterday's sources, I got the following panic (hand copied,
sorry for any typos):

uvm_fault()xf028a000, 0xf3b8d000, 0, 1) -> 2
kernel: page fault trap, code=0
stopped in mount_lfs at _ufs_bmaparray+0x2ae:	movl	0(%eax,%ebx,4),%eax

trace yields (function names only, sorry):

_ufs_bmaparray
_ufs_bmap
_ufs_strategy
_bread
_lfs_mountfs
_lfs_mount
_sys_mount
_syscall()
--- syscall (number 21) ---

Interestingly enough, it now panics upon mount_lfs with the older kernel
booted as well.  I supped this morning, to see if any new lfs fixes made it
in, but didn't see any.

Do I have any recourse but to re-newfs this partition?  The data's not
critical, (else I wouldn't have used an unstable fs) but it would be a pain.

+j

--
Jeff Rizzo                                         http://boogers.sf.ca.us/~riz