Subject: Re: NetBSD: Certified mom-ready.
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@isc.org>
From: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 04/20/1999 10:19:39

Ted> The artificial distinction between core members and
Ted> regular developers is not something that I personally think is a
Ted> good idea - it causes major angst on the part of core members,
Ted> who are suddenly shouldering the world's problems among
Ted> themselves, and takes power and (important!) responsibility away
Ted> from developers, because they can blame core if something doesn't
Ted> get done.

Makes sense.

So, what *are* the responsibilities of core?  Does it all boil down
to, "Decide what code is clean (or good, or whatever) enough to go
into the tree?"  Or is there a lot more to it?

Just trying to understand the problem here...

Chris

--
Chris Jones                                          cjones@honors.montana.edu