Subject: Re: your mail
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG, netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Newhouse <newhouse@rockhead.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/19/1999 23:18:55
Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

>FWIW "Of course it runs NetBSD." is mine, with some help from the marketing
>guy where I used to work, who used to do image campaigns for an ad agency.
>I could take it or leave it, but it sure beats "Multi-platform OS", and
>when I suggested it it was pretty popular with the other developers, so we
>went with it.

I kinda like it.  But then, I like, "NetBSD ... of course", as well.  My
usual reply to, "What do you use at home", is "NetBSD ... what else?".
As others in this thread have indicated, you get a lot of, "FreeBSD?".

"No, NetBSD!"

"Oh, what's that? I never heard of it!?"

A main line of "Of course it runs NetBSD" with a subtitle that implies (or
out right states) "A multi-platform OS" might work well????

I liked the squad of daemons raising the flag on Mt. Computer too ...
but, I guess that's fallen out of favor.

Well, that's my 2 cents worth,
Paul